English Composition 121

Classwork 2/6

A man attacked people in a restaurant in Brooklyn with a hammer. My mom called me and told me she heard about it from a local news application she has on her phone. She often goes to restaurants in the same area that this event happened and I jokingly told her she should be careful. A few days later I saw the actual news posting of what happened and it said that one of the kitchen workers died from his injuries. I felt sad because I work in a restaurant and I thought about all the shy, non english speaking, and hardworking kitchen workers. I imagined the murdered victim was the same. Why did this happen to him?*

One of my coworkers makes glassware. It is beautiful. I had no idea she had this talent. I don’t know how she forms the glass into shapes* but she told me that to get the colors she uses a glossing technique. I would like to see how she actually creates the bowls, cups, etc*. Perhaps she makes a sketch first, then uses this as a guideline. I wonder how she comes up with the colors she wants to use as well. I asked her to make a bowl for me so that I could have it in my home. I told her that one day when she was successful, her products would be sold for ridiculous prices at the expensive homeware boutique next door.

One thought on “Classwork 2/6

1. Dhipinder Walia

I’m so curious about the Brooklyn restaurant story. Especially since there’s a personal connection you have with the place of a restaurant. I wonder if you should explore that for your next prompt about place?