English Composition 121

Rapid Fire Prompts

I don’t think I’ve been wronged in any serious way. There have definitely been some minor inconveniences but they are not enough to bother me today. I feel that I forgive and forget because I don’t want to continue my life thinking about things that happened in the past when I can instead focus on my future. When people do wrong to others repeatedly I feel like the best way to go about it is cut them out of your life. My thinking for this is that a lot of people can not change because old habits are hard to break. Or sometimes that person just isn’t meant to be in your life during a specific time period.

I miss when I used to keep to myself. I would just go to school and come back home. Obviously it isn’t a good thing to not have a social life but the one good thing that came out of it was that I was always productive, focused and really went for the things I wanted. I was much younger though and maybe getting older also instilled fear in me about going for the things I want. I am still trying to get back to this former version of me by going out less and staying home more. I also spend a lot more money now because of outgoings.

I wish I knew more about my grandma, MaCelina. She died in 2010 when I was 11. I could just ask my dad and his siblings about her but I don’t really have a close connection to any of them. Maybe asking them would improve our relationship and create a bond or at least some memories. I’m not sure if knowing her better would impact me in any way because it wouldn’t change the memories I had with her.  I would also be interested in knowing more about my extended family in general, like my great aunts and uncles. I have met some of them but I honestly can’t remember their names or faces and it just feels awkward because they know me and I don’t know them.

My friend had talked about hosting an event at Lehman through her club. It’s a brunch at the end of the month. I might go depending on whether or not I really want to get out of bed. By going, I could meet some new people and get free food. I know I will most likely enjoy myself however as I mentioned in my second prompt I want to go out less and focus more. Then again, talking to my friend always leaves me feeling like I know what I want to do.

A piece of art that moved me was Bring Me the Horizons newest album Amo. I’ve listened to maybe five of their 6 or 7 albums and I’ve really been stuck on them since I was 14. This latest album came out the end of January so it felt like a little birthday gift even though they don’t know me. Amo is very different from their first discographies, it has more of a pop approach and less heavy screaming. I always liked that they changed it up and did what they wanted to do rather than creating music that they think their fans will like. Sure some of their older fans give them hate but I’m sure they’ve created new fans in the process.

One thought on “Rapid Fire Prompts

1. Dhipinder Walia

Your prompts tend to focus on the issue of isolation vs. companionship. It’s a tension you want to resolve, but I’m not sure it’s possible. I think we always sort of feel like we want to be left to our thoughts when we’re with others, and we’re not with others, we want to be so we can get away from our thoughts, or share our thoughts with someone else.