English Composition 121

Research Project Writing Day 2

More about English 121 Forums Fall ’17 ENGLISH 121- H401 Research Project Writing Day 2

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Dhipinder Walia
      Keymaster

Open all of the writing you’ve done this semester. Create a visual map of all of the places you explored in each piece of writing. This can be as simple as circles or as complicated as illustrated scenes.

Next, create a bridge between each of these “places.” In other words, how is the place you visited in the Summary of a Person assignment connected to the place you visited in the Summary of a concept assignment?

I’d like you to share your “bridge” sentences here. To be clear, you’ll want to bridge/connect your 1) Summary of a person to your 2) summary of a concept to your 3) first literature review 4) to your second literature review 5) to your argumentative essay.

Some things to also consider:
      Based on the connections you’re finding between these assignments, what might your overall research project focus on?

Larissa De La Rosa
      Participant

In thinking about all the topics I’ve chosen to write about in this class this semester I have come to the conclusion that I have written solely about the power in everyday things around us and the importance of both the little and big matters in our society. For my summary of a person paper I wrote about my mother’s power in going to school while being a single parent and education’s power in her life. I wrote about how she stressed the importance of an education since early on. For my summary of a concept I wrote about the power of grammar in communication and its importance in daily life. For my first lit review I wrote of the power of the migrant worker on other worker’s lives and the importance of them as a whole in our economy. For my second lit review and the argumentative essay I wrote about the power of waste production in NYC and the importance of minimizing this waste as an individual.

I don’t think I will be using this theme between all my papers in the final project because it is just too big to condense. I will use the theme itself but not tying every other topic into it.

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

What if you were able to connect multiple assignments by looking at “power” in college classrooms? Or “power” dynamics for the single motherhood returning to college?

Kristina Vuceljic
      Participant

Within all these writing assignments Ive discussed many different topics and explored many different ideas and places, but they all connect from the idea that they are all describing the issues and facts about things or people that many didn’t know about or were wrong about. For example, in my summary of a person assignment I talked about the turning point in Miley Cyrus’ life so i visited Tennessee and informed people about why she went through a change. With my summary of a concept I visited many schools from different states and the board of ed and informed people about the unfairness of the common core. In my first literature review Ive visited researchers and writers who studied technology and the statistics of effects it has on people. In my second literature review I visited India where I spoke about the unfairness and problems of child marriage. And lastly in my argumentative essay I visited work sites in America and writers who studied the racial discrimination in places. Although these places have no real connection of location between all them, all these places have controversial issues. My overall research project will probably not include all of these factors because of the diverse ideas but it will most likely focus on issues that happen everyday that we are blind to.

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

Hi Kristina, I understand that your assignments might feel too distanced to be connected, but you might challenge yourself to build a connection if one isn’t there. For instance how might child marriages and technology be connected? Does technology lead to more child marriages? Are children especially vulnerable in marriages because of lack of technology? Might technology be a solution to the child marriage problem?

TitilayoUsiera
      Participant

<span style=”margin: 0px; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’,serif; font-size: 12pt;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>In my summary of person, I was able to use the testimony of someone to explain how striving amidst different obstacles can help to achieve someone’s desire and goal in life. Also, that obstacles can come in any form either through human error or through natural occurrence This goes along my summary of concept which explains how human error from deforestation has caused global warming which creates discomfort for the people of the world.  My summary of concept creates a clue in my first literature review that errors made by whites claiming supremacy over blacks has made live difficult for African Americans just as deforestation has caused global warming that is dangerous to human health. This made my second literature review to focus on how the black fathers who are the main target of racism have been far from their homes either in search for their daily living or incarcerated. My argumentative essay argued how incarceration of adults can end them in hopeless situation of social segregation not having jobs, shelters, and grants for education after leaving jail. </span></span>

<span style=”margin: 0px; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’,serif; font-size: 12pt;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>My overall research paper will be focusing on the changes that need to be made by the government in the prison system and by the society in integrating ex-inmates into the system for them to make use of their lives after incarceration. </span></span>

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

I’m happy to see you already have a clear sense of what you’ll be researching for this project. I am also quite taken by the fact that you started off thinking about a particular man’s obstacles and have now expanded your interests to obstacles that institutions create. I wonder if there’s a way you could blend many of these assignments together in one? Perhaps thinking of creating a powerpoint slide for each assignment and thinking about what the name of that overall presentation would be?

Nathalie Roa
      Participant

Between all the writings that i have done this semester i have learned how to proceed to the next piece of writing. With my summary of a person i learned how to write about a person but not to write an autobiography. In an autobiography is pretty much a summary of a person. In a summary of a person it discusses what about that person triggers you, and what are somethings that the person has accomplished. This prepared me to write the summary of a concept because it lead me step by step.  The literature review taught me to analyze information and get the information required to fulfill my paper and questions that have to be answered. By doing a shorter literature review i was able to do a longer one and what it really consists of. From the literature review i learned how pull out the most important information to apply that into my argument essay. By learning this only the information that was relevant, and credible i used for my argumentative essay. It is important to have the right information to prove your point successfully. I didn’t  discuss the same things on my papers but in the end i decided to do something that has been occurring lately around me and that has to do with makeup. I thought i seen so much of this even with close friends that it would be a great thing to discuss.

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

I’m happy to hear the general things you learned moving from one assignment to the next, but I’m curious to hear particular connections. How might your work with accents and Rihanna be connected to your current project on makeup?

Kaela Rodriguez
      Participant

Day 2 Forum.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

Thank you for this Kaela. I agree with you, all of your pieces are about respect and labels. I wonder if there’s a way you can blend your work with your sister with the work you did on bullying and the family. OR if there’s a  connection between bullying and male trafficking.

All my writings this semester explore a variety of aspects around veganism with the exception of my picture analysis, which discusses childhood poverty in developing countries. Yet, this picture analysis is still connected to all other assignments because I emphasize global problems of our century that I believe are very important to discuss. In my summary of a person I wrote a letter to Peter Dinklage, a famous actor, vegan and animal rights activist. For the summary of a concept piece I wrote about global warming, a topic that affects the future of all of us. From there I connected global warming with animal agriculture in my second literature review, defining it as one of the major causes of climate change. My first lit review explores the American health care crisis and in my digital argumentative project I argued why you should go vegan and joined the topics from both literature reviews while explaining that consuming animal products has serious impacts on the environment and our health. For my research paper I would like to stay within the topic of veganism and explain why eating animals is the opposite of healthy for the human body. In particular, I will focus on exposing the myths around dairy products and explain why eating dairy is worse than consuming meat.

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

I imagine your blog as a perfect space to illustrate the different ways you’ve considered veganism. You’ve thought about WHO could advocate for this movement (Dinklage), you’ve thought of scientific benefits and dietary benefits. I look forward to seeing where this project takes you!

Renee M
      Participant

The following is a visual representation how the topics I’ve done throughout this course and the possible topics of my research project.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Renee M.
        Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

I received the attachment via email. Thanks for the visual representation of where you’ve been. Can’t wait to see where you’ll go next!

Jennifer Madrid
      Participant

In a summary of a person, analysis of a picture and the argumentative piece, I felt a great deal of comfort executing them. I was already familiar with Paul the Apostle so researching a bit more of his life was for me, fascinating. Furthermore, the analysis of a picture was fun to complete, for lack of a better word. The argumentative piece was the one from the three, that I felt less familiar with. Nevertheless, it was something I was interested in researching and always felt a strong connection to. Although there was no strong correlation between them, they in same shape or form, were personal to me.

For my other assignments, I chose topics related to the medical field, which is where I see myself in a few years. Physician-assisted suicide is a controversial topic but I felt strong enough in it, from previous work, to expand the research. Although I don’t want to become a physician but a physician assistant, I felt compelled to understand its significance.  For my literature reviews, I chose to research the rise of veganism and childhood obesity, two topics that I hoped emphasized the importance of conscious decisions for an overall healthy life.

The downside of all these assignments was that for the most part I enjoyed them all and became emotionally investing in each of them which makes the process for choosing a research topic more difficult.

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

I’m in awe of how much of yourself you bring to each of these writing assignments. So much so, I wonder if you could do a research project that’s an auto ethnography of sorts. In other words, what if you were to trace what you learned about yourself as a woman, a Lehman college student, a writer through each of these assignments? This might be a cool way to highlight the personal aspect of each of these assignments?

Ana da Silva
      • Summary of a person and summary of a concept: I was asked to write 1 to 2 pages summarizing a person’s profile and a concept. Both assignments asked me to focus on the “angle”. For the summary of a person, I chose to write about Warren Buffet, and for the summary of a concept, I chose to write about Bitcoin. The connection between them is that both are related to the business world. Warren Buffet is the most successful investor of all time, and Bitcoin is a new kind of electronic currency that is gaining the world’s attention day by day.
      • First literature review and second literature review: in both assignments I was asked to analyze my sources, make connections, and use APA style. In the first literature review, I wrote about climate change and how meat consumption plays a big role on it. In the second literature review, I wrote about sugar vs. fat. Both literature reviews are related to eating habits and how they affect the world we live in or how these habits affect our lives.
      • Second literature review and argumentative essay: as mentioned, for the second literature review I wrote about sugar vs. fat. For the argumentative essay, I wrote why people should consume more good fats. Based on the connections, I believe that now I should focus in writing about sugar.

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

Fascinating to see that you’ve had an interest in eating habits for awhile! Though it’s hard to connect Buffet and Bitcoins to a sugar conversation, I find this article interesting: http://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-diet-2017-10

and this article: https://www.inc.com/sonya-mann/bitcoin-carnivores.html

John Cherry
      Participant

The assignments I have completed so far is the summary of a person which was about Alexanders road to a military commander. The next assignment which was the summary of a concept which was Fate vs Free Will, and after that the literature review which was about how accurate data is. Following this, the second literature review which was about women being allowed into war and so far the last project I have done which was the argumentative essay on how a person is never truly good or evil.

The assignment about Alexander reminds me of the battlefield, Fate vs Free will reminds me of events in your life, Data reminded me of the work place, and women being allowed into war reminded me also of the battlefield, and the argumentative essay on good and evil reminded felt like my inner self. There are ways that they are linked, for example, the battlefield can be related to the inner self and the constant fight or balancing between good and evil and fate and free will can be taken into account into whether or not certain choices you make are destined or really are your own choice that determines your decisions and whether or not what you do is good or evil. Data and whether or not women are allowed into war or not can be taken as the data on how many women actually feel unequal in other areas of life besides war

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

I know you’ve already got your research project figured out but you’ve got two really GREAT connections here. A paper that talks about the search for good and evil during war OR a paper that uses data to trace where and when women feel unequal. I also feel the battlefield and good and evil are connected because in one you’re acting because of an idea of what you need to defeat that’s “evil.”

Xheve Mulliqi
      Participant

Creating a visual map of all the places I explored in each piece of writing in this class I have to conclude that I have explored a variety of aspects. For my picture annalistic I wrote about poverty where there are times and places we reach in our life that feel like a desert and no hope for life. Where in my summary of a person paper I wrote about Angelina Jolie life and partially about her humanity activities. So, I see a connection between these two writings where to give and help the poor people who are living in a minimum condition and have no hope for better days can change their lives. For my summary of a concept, I wrote about the power of stereotyping in our society. Where we should not stereotype any specific group of people. We can’t judge all people from a few bad ones. For my first literature review, I wrote about the impact that goal setting can have in our lives where sometimes long-term goals can have unintended consequences. For my second literature review, I wrote about how we can solve obesity crisis in children in the United States. And in my argumentative essay, I wrote about the effect of consumerism on the environment.

I don’t think I will be using this theme between all my papers in the final project because I have explored a variety of aspects and is too general to consider. However, poverty and the impact that everyone’s helping can change many lives can be a topic idea that I might consider for my final project.

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

Poverty can be a really great topic to investigate for a research project. I also want to note that your lit review on goal setting and obesity and your argumentative essay on consumerism are all linked because they deal with SOLUTIONS. Is it possible that goal setting might be a way to solve the obesity and consumer crisis? Is it possible that our consumerism culture is linked to the obesity crisis?

In reviewing all of my writing, I’ve noticed that there is a hidden but surprisingly common link between all of them. To start, my summary of a person was based around Daniel Avidan, someone from New Jersey who faced multiple setbacks attempting to make it big in the music industry but kept working endlessly toward this goal. Now my summary of a concept involved the idea of time travel. This concept of time travel comes with endless possibilities, one of those possibilities is being flawless in making decisions. In other words, using time travel to go back and fix where something went wrong would be the perfect and seemingly consequence free solution to someone like Daniel who no doubt made some rash decisions throughout his career. So where else would time travel be a monumental tool to fix mistakes? Well one answer would be all of earth. My literature review dealt wth the concept of climate change and how science has been saying how the damage to the earth is too far gone because people did not listen to the warnings of climate change. Again, if time travel were in play here, we could theoretically turn back the clock and start conservation efforts before the threat of climate change became as colossal as it is today. Instead we are left with the already damaged planet. In relation to my second literature review, a big part of this damage done by climate change can be attributed to emissions from factories and vehicles. Some of these vehicles include the buses and trains used by the MTA. While the MTA has begun to cut down on emissions from their vehicles, there is still a considerable amount of damage being done by these gases. Although this issue can just be added to the list of problems there are with the MTA which most likely won’t get solved anytime soon if at all.

Overall, I’ve noticed that these papers all deal with being shut down from achieving a specific goal. That goal could be trying to maintain a band for an extended period of time, likely never being able to manipulate time for travel purposes, having conservation efforts not be enough to help the planet we’re living on, or even just getting to work on time because of transportation. Because of this, I have a feeling my research project will deal with the effect of setbacks on a personal or team effort towards something. While this is vague, I do plan on narrowing down my objective, maybe I’ll deal with setbacks as it pertains to a specific group such as Black Lives Matter or even something like Amazon facing a stock decrease.

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

You can absolutely deal with setbacks and ways to counteract setbacks. You might also take all of the projects you’ve completed, look at ONE setback from each of these projects and insert a comic take on time travel and how time travel might resolve these setbacks. It could be comic, but it could also be quite serious. For instance, a setback for Daniel that involved abuse might be traveling to the first time he was abused and having him reach out to a social worker. You could mention what the research says about social work and abuse and all of a sudden a funny time travel concept has turned into an opportunity to learn and fix.

Rushane Hutchinson
      Participant

Throughout the semester my writings focused on different experiences that people face due to racial discrimination, sexual orientation, internet usage and wealth. These writings connected because they were in a sense of cause and effect that led to the developmental of each of these assignments.

My summary of a person focused on Frank Ocean’s letter that he published where he stated that his first love was a male. this letter instantly changed the way people viewed him as an artist. He came out in a time where being gay in the black music community was looked down upon. He also became an inspiration to many struggling to find their truths. My summary of a concept focused on the negatives of social media usage, with the increase in new social media platforms there isn’t much mystery in our day to day lives because we post everything online. Most people misuse social media as their diary and post personal information.

My first lit review focused on the white house during Obama’s presidency and the discrimination that he faced as the first black president and how it differed from Trump’s presidency which led to the creation or reborn of hate groups in America. My second review focused on the Black lives matter movement and how it was created as a way to add a voice to the black community at a time when black man were facing police brutality.My last assignment focused on why college should be free for all. this assignment shed light on the benefits of free education and how it would create more jobs and how it would give everyone an equal chance at an education despite their wealth.

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

I wonder if you could use Frank Ocean’s letter as a starting point to a wider research project that investigates President Obama’s presidency and its impact on blackness. I say this because your writings are so clearly invested in race and masculinity, why not try to see if there’s a larger question you can answer using your research on President Obama, Frank Ocean, and BLM.

Sofia Yanez
      Participant

Each assignment that I have completed throughout this course emphasizes the importance of having a voice in today’s society. In my summary of a person, I wrote an open letter to my friend’s emotionally abusive parents. In writing this letter, I wanted to give my friend a voice and help her parents realize what they have done to her emotionally and mentally. For my summary of a concept, I wrote about feminism. Feminism itself gives a voice to women. My analytical paper focused on Rupi Kaur’s image of self-importance. The image illustrates how self-importance <span style=”font-weight: 400;”>can help create a beautiful, safe environment to exist within. Self-importance can include putting yourself first, standing your ground, and taking control of your life. Both of my literature reviews talks about America’s race problem and how we must come together as one to increase awareness of this major issue and give a voice to those suffering. In my argumentative essay, I spoke about abortion vs adoption and which choice is better for the birth mother. I wanted to display the significance of these two decisions in the birth mother’s point of view because she is often looked down upon for choosing either of these options. I gave a voice to birth mothers by showing the positive aspects of choosing adoption. Based on the connection found in all of my assignments, I think I will expand on this topic of abortion vs adoption and add a discussion where I share this information with other people and see their reactions and write down their opinions/comments. </span>

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

I love the idea of adding more testimony and sharing your research with others and recording their responses. You might also consider integrating the letter format that you used in your first assignment somehow. It seems like that letter is connected to your research project because both seek to empower women.

Carla Landa

Day 2-

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Throughout this semester I’ve discussed many topics. For instance in the summary of a person I talked about Leonardo DiCaprio and his work to conserve the wildlife. Throughout this assignment I visited the forest and pictured myself with wildlife animals. In my summary of a concept I discussed the concept of makeup and how its misinterpreted in today’s society. In this assignment I visited a theater where there are actors. I visited here because in this writing i talked about how makeup has always been an important factor of society and the art of it. Most of the movies , soap operas and musicals, part of their success also have to do with the actors’s makeup. So I visited a theater where there are actors acting where their makeup is  done to look a certain way. Additionally, in my first literature review I contradicted Ann Coulter on her writing about Mexican immigrants. I proved that Mexican immigrants weren’t responsible for the massive wildfires in Arizona. In this writing I visited Arizona because it’s the state that this writing was based on, and I used evidence to prove other actions in Arizona caused these massive wildfires.  My second literature review, I wrote about how the Excelsior scholarship is a beneficial step towards making higher education more accessible for low income students. In this assignment I’m in New York. This is the state where this scholarship is taking place and because it’s in New York it’s what sparks debates about this scholarship. My argumentative essay I argued that testing on animals is cruel and inhumane because not all medical treatments have worked for the good and animals still get put through pain and suffering. In this assignment I visited a laboratory where animals are used to test medical treatments and products for humans. I visited the laboratory because I used evidence of the cruel practices done in laboratories on animals. Overall, throughout my travels I’ve found connections. In my summary of a person I visited a forest, where there are animals this connects to my concept of makeup band my argument against testing on animals because a lot of ,makeup brands require testing on animals to know the effectivity and safety of cosmetics for humans. I wrote about how makeup is  misinterpreted in society, so animals in the wildlife and animals that are being used for tested on are ALSO being misinterpreted and just being used. They also connect to the the argument that immigrants are not responsible for the wildfires because its other human actions that cause them wildfires so it’s just like testing on animals, and other human actions that are causing some species of wildlife in danger of extinction. As to the debate on the excelsior scholarship people argue there aren’t benefits from this scholarship just like some people argue there are no benefits on testing medical treatments, cosmetics and other products meant for humans on animals. </span>

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

How lovely Carla! You went to forests, theaters, laboratories, New York. I love that you were so visual with this as it helps me see another connection: You’re interested in humanity’s relationship to the environment. Of course, with the scholarship, you’re mostly focusing on free tuition, but you could also say you’re talking about being asked to stay in New York, so yes, humanity’s relationship to the physical environment. I think your idea to combine your make up concept work with your animal testing work is an effective one as it makes the work you do with animal testing more timely and immediately answers the So What question.

Natalia Cabrera
      Participant

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>I’ve discussed many different ideas and point of views. I’ve also explored a variety of topics throughout my writing this semester, that can all be connected to the concept of how the american society chooses to discriminate people because of their backgrounds and ethnicity, how often they are blamed for society’s problems. Also the idea of how society wants a person to change aspects of how they are in order to be accepted by the “American Society”. For instance, in my summary of a person I wrote about Priyanka Chopra a famous Indian actress that is often discriminated by society because of her strong Indian accent. In some movies and TV shows Chopra was obligated to learn how to talk without using her accent because they wanted the audience to see her as an “American” person. However, in my second literature review, I wrote about how people of color are blamed for the high rate of drugs in the United States. The American Society chooses to believe this because they are not white enough to look like a real American. Overall, my research paper is going to be a little different than my other piece of  writing because I won’t be really talking about discrimination but more of how the issue is affecting the American society everyday. </span>

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

Hi Natalia– so your focus is on discrimination throughout, but I’m confused– for your final project, will you be looking at discrimination or not? I didn’t quite understand your last sentence.

When thinking about all the topics I have written about in all of my assignments this semester, each may seem very different but at the same time are connected in a way. I think the one place that I visited in all my assignments put together are topics that the world has been facing for decades now. They are topics that are faced globally and aren’t given enough attention that should get. I think they are also topics that are hyped up at one point but slowly are forgotten. My purpose in my assignments is bringing them back to light and making sure to explain each topic and then giving my point of view.

For the summary of a person my topic was charities. It was about how Princess Diana even though she is royalty didn’t forget her duties as a human and helped people in any way she can. I think my summary shows that no matter who you, there are many people in need in this world that you should help in anyway. I think the number of people in need are increasing in large amounts each year, but it seems that people doing charities is decreasing. This shows how this is a problem that has been happening for years now and is still going on. In my summary of a concept, it may seem that my topic is not connected to the others but when looking deeply into it, you can tell it actually does. My topic for this assignment is geography and how it shapes people and their cultures. I think its connected because for many years people judge how others look and also judge their actions, but they don’t know that geography and where they live plays a big role in their behavior. It still happens today that people are misunderstood because of their behavior and people fail to understand that geography is the reason behind it.

In my literature review #1 my topic is immigration and how some may think that its harming America. This is a topic that America has been facing for may years because its been going on since America was established. Immigrants were banned at one point in history and now the same thing is happening. It may even seem that history is repeating its self. In literature review #2 My topic of gun control has been a very debated topic throughout history. When the constitution was being established guns was a right given to people, but now many massacres have been happening with guns and people want gun control. People with guns support it and people without and see its dangers are against it. So in this assignment I visited the debate between them. In my argumentative essay, The topic of child labor can be seen as a forgotten topic that is still a huge problem throughout the world. It has been happening for many years and people saw the dangers of it. But considering that it still is happening today and in large amounts you can see that many people aren’t willing to make a change. The purpose of my essay was to go deeply into explaining how it affects developing countries. I may continue with this topic into my research project because there is till many topics within child labor that not many talk about and are were problems of the past and still are problems of today and that I need to bring light to.

Abegale

When I did the summary of Nicki Minaj, it brought me to Jamaica, Queens where her life started and then to college because I wanted to show how you can change your mind when it came to choosing majors. Then when I did the summary of a concept it brought me to the hospital because I talked about euthanasia. Then when I did my first Lit review I did it on the electoral college so it brought me to the white house. Then my second Lit review I did on the purpose of college so it brought me back to college. Then my argumentative essay brought me back to the hospital because it was about euthanasia once more.

My summary of a concept and my argumentative essay both brought me back into a hospital setting because they both had to do with euthanasia and the right to die topic. Also my summary of a person and my second literature review both brought me back into a college setting because they both had to do with what goes on the college and the choices that people make when it comes to college.

Dhipinder Walia
        Keymaster

From Queens to the hospital to college back to the hospital. What an adventure. I wonder if there’s a connection between the work you do with distinguishing the difference in liberal arts and trade schools and the work you do to show euthanasia is a right. Might you suggest euthanasia is an especially important topic for current nurses, physician assistants, and doctors in training (and in college)? Might you craft a research project that’s actually a “course proposal” for an undergraduate course that focuses on the need for a wider understanding of euthanasia?

yasony
      Participant

connections between works

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Hennessy Ortiz
      Participant

For my summary of a person, I focused on Demi Lovato, mainly how her relationship with her abusive father shaped her musical career, in that it motivated her. For my first literature review I focused on a different aspect of relationships, like how social media affects them, mainly the negative aspects, social media often leads to low self-esteem. For my second literature review also related to relationships in that it focused on how being raised by a single parent affects you later in life. My argumentative essay seemed to be the oddball as I focused on veganism and its benefits. I do feel my last essay(the argumentative essay) was the strongest, however the previous essays all have a common topic of relationships, so perhaps I should incorporate that more into my research paper more

kassandra sustache
      Participant

My summary of a concept was about Exo’s Power of Music super power concept. The summary of a person was about Zhang Yixing which was is a member of EXO. They are connected because they belong to one another. Yixing belongs in EXO and EXO did the power concept.

The first literature review was about white supremacy out in the open due to trumps presidency. The second was about the nyc mta fairs costing to much. The argumentative essay was a continuation of the mta train problems. These are connected to each other because they are relevant problems that people face in America.

Dhipinder Walia
      Keymaster

Geri– I think you’ve found a really amazing connection here– everything you’ve submitted has been personal! Jennifer noted that too and I offered her this advice when thinking about the research project: ” I wonder if you could do a research project that’s an auto ethnography of sorts. In other words, what if you were to trace what you learned about yourself as a woman, a Lehman college student, a writer through each of these assignments? This might be a cool way to highlight the personal aspect of each of these assignments?”

You might consider an auto-ethnography too, perhaps instead of writing what you’ve learned about yourself or writing through these assignments, you might produce a podcast episode to talk about it.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.