English Composition 121

Michael

In sum,

During Lehman’s Spring 2019 semester, Professor Dhipinder Walia (otherwise known as the Notorious DW), had her English 121 class write a series of blog posts. These blog posts had two primary functions: to expose her students to different styles of writing,…

Posted in michael | Leave a comment

Responding to David’s Comments

David’s critique was mostly positive, but he did note that I should insert my opinion about Matt Santos’ run for president a bit more. Overall, I think that inserting my opinion a bit more on all topics (even unwritten ones)…

Posted in michael | 1 Comment

A Feminist Critique of Joe Biden’s Actions

Former Vice President Joe Biden has been wrapped up in a recent controversy regarding the way in which he interacts with women. Lucy Flores, the former candidate for lieutenant governor in Nevada, accused Biden of “inappropriately kiss[ing] and touch[ing] her…

Posted in michael | 1 Comment

The Best Survey Ever™

Below is a survey that I’ve created that I would send out to politically active young people. I’ve explained each of the questions directly below the questions. DW/anyone who reads this: feel free to take the survey and comment it…

Posted in michael | 1 Comment

My Absolute Atrosity of an Art Piece

Please don’t laugh. The picture came out terrible, but inside the D says “Do universities teach kids to be progressive? Does it teach them to be radical? Pragmatic? Do those who claim universities indoctrinate students have legitimacy? Are universities to…

Posted in michael | 1 Comment

The Great Compromiser

When thinking back who from American history (focusing on American history because my project focuses on radicalism in American politics) I should write about for this blog post, I decided early on that I should write about someone more pragmatic…

Posted in michael | 1 Comment

Making a Cherry Coke

In general, elections are divided into two categories: midterm and presidential elections. In both cases, the election is a referendum — the former a referendum on the incumbent president, and the latter a referendum on the country’s direction. However, the…

Posted in michael | 1 Comment

Bernie Sanders (A Radical, Duh)

(A note: I went to a rally for Bernie on Saturday, and I’m going to quote a bit from him, in case you were wondering where some of the quotations/mentions were coming from. I’ll attach pictures from the rally at…

Posted in michael | 1 Comment

Places and the Biases They Present

The best part about living such a mobile life — going to school, working, doing extracurricular, going out with friends — is that I’m exposed to a lot of different spaces, all the time. Another part of my habitual movements…

Posted in michael | 1 Comment

Why’d this have to be so deep?

Prompt 1: What event of memory do you still want an apology for? How can you get this apology? How will your life change if you get this apology? Before I was born, or shortly thereafter, my biological father skipped…

Posted in michael | 1 Comment