English Composition 121

Blog #7 – Autoethnography Workshop Relfection

The feedback I received from my professor was extremely helpful.  The suggestions covered my overall organization, word use, and just where my paper was exactly going.  My paper’s organization was not the best, and I agree with that.  The layout of my draft wasn’t well planned out as I still had no solid idea on where my paper was going.  In regards to word use, my vocabulary and grammar were a bit off.  The way I created my sentences, at times, proved to be too wordy.  The wordiness made some sentences confusing and others weak.  She provided extremely useful feedback at the end of her critique that guided me in terms of where my paper was going.  She advised me to include further details into some personal anecdotes along with some questions that I will want to answer in my final draft.  One specific critique she gave me was to look into the historical significance of apologies in the U.S and other countries.  This is an interesting topic to look into as apologies here might not hold the same significance in other countries.

There are many things I need to improve on for my final draft.  Over the break, I hope to finally lock down an organization that makes sense to me and those that read my paper.  The current draft’s state is messy and doesn’t even have a proper introduction or ending.  I also hope to improve the vocabulary and structure of my sentences overall.  My wordiness is getting in the way of the meaning of my sentences.  Hopefully, I can control my want for being wordy at times it doesn’t fit.  I also need to improve my grammar or spend more time revising my paper.  There are little mistakes that I overlook, such as writing”why do I always apologize” instead of “why do you always apologize” when the quote was coming from a person that wasn’t me.

One thought on “Blog #7 – Autoethnography Workshop Relfection