English Composition 121

Posts Reflection

These posts contain a piece of my topic of how I am excluded as an immigrant. In my first blog post, I revisited an old essay and wrote about my aunt’s immigration process. While I was writing about her immigration process I realized that the designation of immigrant excludes me in the United States in the law, social, and economic spectrum. After learning about why she was rejected I researched and wrote another post of the historical exclusion of immigrants. In this post, I used Schmitt to explain the context of immigration laws and why immigrants are viewed as the other. By Schmitt analysis, I researched his background essentially why he wrote the friend-enemy distinction which explains who immigrants are to the state. I also included in another blog post the increment of immigration application denial of those that are considered ‘legal’ immigrants to demonstrate the false statistics. My last post was not related to my autoethnography because I wanted to diverge from immigration and expound on the designation that the black male body has been granted by white society. The writing technique I used was writing about topics that I am passionate about so that when I was writing, I did not feel bored. Immigration is a topic that I feel strongly about because I am an immigrant and nonwhites are excluded in American society thus I am othered. I hope that the reader realizes when reading my posts is that immigration not only in the United States but globally is an issue due to the extensive anti-immigration history. And also that immigrants are not alone because we all have similar experiences whether we live in the U.S or are an immigrant applicant.