English Composition 121

The King Still Reigns

Hello there fellow Youtuber scrolling through the comments section of your favorite Pewdiepie video. I know that 99% of you won’t read this, but I just wanted you all to know that I am a small blog poster for an English 121 class as part of the Macaulay Honors College. I know I don’t have much content and I don’t have that many subscribers, but I would appreciate it if anyone of you could click on my username, scroll through my channel, and look over a few of my very interesting posts that I put a lot of hard work into. My goal is to reach 1,000 subscribers by the end of May. Please help me reach this goal. Other than that, have a blessed day!

Now that we are done with all that satire that eerily relates to this post, we can get into the real fine details of the meanings and overall philosophies behind my 7 (6, 8?) blog posts. All these posts as a whole actually have a lot of connecting parts when I look back at them as one whole piece rather than pieces of homework I was required to do for a grade. Of course, they all seem to relate (somehow) to the New York Rangers and/or my grandmother, who happen to be the two main supporting pieces on the journey that is my autoethnography. The reason behind this is not so much the questions directly lead to me thinking about these two topics, but rather I wanted to see how I could incorporate these two subjects into my blog posts. In other words, these blog posts did not give me a direct route to use my two subjects, but rather made me think a little more on why these subjects are actually important and how looking at them from different lenses allows me to further my knowledge on things I once believed that I was already fully knowledgable of (In this case the word fully seems necessary to me because one could be knowledgable but not necessarily omnipotent in terms of the mind. The only thing that’s wordy here is this damn parenthesis. Funny how that’s another big part of my autoethnography. It’s like I’ve trained myself to think a certain way.).

Not only did my mind become honed on small details that I could find to relate to my autoethnography, but I also began to find similar structures (as I just did with the parenthesis in the previous paragraph and like I’m doing right now. Except this parenthesis guy is a lot nicer.) within my blog posts that help me find foundational pieces with which to work with when it came to my two main subjects of the autoethnography. Not only did they have the juicy meat parts that everyone values, but it now had bones with which to stand on not because I had more details on these subjects, but I had a purpose and path with which to put them on.

Finally, when someone reads my autoethnography, I hope they can finally experience a little bit of the life of a lunatic like me. I hope they feel comfortable to know that everyone hurts, and some people still struggle within even if it’s past the supposed time in which they are supposed to “get over it.” Also, if they could share some laughs along the way as well that would be nice because everyone needs to be able to put a smile on their face, even if it through the roughest of times. Let’s all try to be understood together. Even though we never fully will be. My 15 pages can attest to that. We can all still root for the rangers though. This autoethnography is not truly done until that is over. Until Henrik Lundqvist hangs up his blades for the last time (which will unfortunately probably be in two years when his contract ends), this story does not end. There is still hope. A slim chance of hope for a team that finished with the 6th worst record this past year. A slim chance, but a chance nonetheless. And until it’s all gone, I’ll forever hang on the hope of Lundqvist lifting that Stanley Cup just one time.

Let’s Go Rangers!!!