English Composition 121

Framing Post

Compose a framing introductory paragraph that will help readers contextualize what they’re seeing.

=How are these posts related to your final project

=What lessons of writing connect all of these posts/What writing techniques connect all of these posts?

=What do you hope the reader experiences when reading your blog posts?

Throughout the semester our professor gave us prompts geared towards helping us understand our autoethnography.  These resulted in the blog posts you’ll find here.  Most of the posts are written emotionally about apologies, with some exceptions being Blog Post #6 and #7.  My autoethnography is focused around apologies and comparing why they are given to how they are received.  I relate apologies to wrongdoings, which is why I address most blog posts emotionally.  Something as simple as “I’m sorry” can be just as impactful as not apologizing at all.  I hope that the reader experiences my emotions when reading my work because of how much time I put into making sure each word represented my passion for the topic.  I hope that the reader understands just how I feel towards these topics, whether it be sadness, disgust, anger, or happiness.  Some lessons of writing I used include: just writing the first thing that came to mind, stepping away from the computer when I got stuck, and even skipping around occasionally when I would lose my train of thought.  These are the methods I am most comfortable with, but I do need to work on improving my wordiness and becoming more conscious of my grammar.