English Composition 121

Ivy

Posts Reflection

These posts contain a piece of my topic of how I am excluded as an immigrant. In my first blog post, I revisited an old essay and wrote about my aunt’s immigration process. While I was writing about her immigration process I realized…

Posted in ivy | Leave a comment

Historical Critique; The Black Male Body

The work “The Man-Not: Race, Class, Genre, and the Dilemmas of Black” by Tommy Curry is one of the most interesting books I have ever read because of its engrossing content about the United States race relations. The author of…

Posted in ivy | 1 Comment

Shift in Immigration Application Denial Rates

As I was researching a study that interested me was “Immigration Application Denial Rates jump 37% Under Trump”[1]by David Bier because it statistically demonstrates that Immigration Application denial has remarkably incremented under Trump’s administration. This study highlights that the USCIS…

Posted in ivy | 1 Comment

State Hierarchy

Posted in ivy | 1 Comment

Carl Schmitt; Context of Discriminatory Immigration Laws

I took a philosophy course in which the first selected reading during the semester was “The Concept of the Political” by Carl Schmitt. The professor at the time explained that he chose to lecture on that book because of Schmitt…

Posted in ivy | 1 Comment

A Problem with the Immigration Process

A moment was when my grandmother as a resident petitioned my aunt and she was falsely acussed of committing fraud. My aunt was full of hope because she was going to be able to provide a better education to her…

Posted in ivy | 1 Comment

Where I Belong

March 4, 2019 Dear Diary, I find it surprising that I am writing in this uncomfortable goat hand-made chair instead of feeding the animals, the turkeys, and the pigs. I have never written a journal entry before because I am…

Posted in ivy, Uncategorized | 2 Comments

Localities I Find Myself Writing In

The kitchen in the apartment that I reside has characteristically been my safe haven to complete assignments. It is the place where my ideas become coherent and where I seek refuge when I try to find answers to questions. When…

Posted in ivy | 1 Comment

Thinking in Spanish

“Around the World with Narratives” by Grecia Catalan was the literary narrative that captivated me the most because Spanish is also my first language. I grew up in the Dominican Republic where I was taught Spanish and was learning French…

Posted in ivy | Leave a comment

A Glimpse at Me

A former version that I would like to go back and visit would be my childhood in the Dominican Republic. After many years living in the U.S I underestimated my time there. It was so distinct from New York, the…

Posted in ivy, Uncategorized | 1 Comment